Friday, July 3, 2009

It's (almost) time!

The moving date has been moved ahead to Sunday, much to my dismay. I don't like missing church - I believe Sunday is the day of the Lord, and a day of rest. But in the moving business they are working seven days a week, especially in the summer, I guess.

Packing-wise we are doing o.k.. Since I surrendered everything into the hand of the Lord, this may well be His design . Perhaps He knows better than I that saying good-bye after 19 years in the congregation would have been really hard. When I joined that church, I said to the Lord that I wanted to put down roots and not move until He clearly moved me out of it. Now He has done it, and it's a Sunday earlier than I thought, and I'm quietly slipping out, having said all my good-byes earlier.

Still, it's hard - especially not knowing what's waiting at the other end, church-wise. I wonder whether this is what Abraham felt like when he left Ur to go to the land the Lord was going to show him?

No comments:

Post a Comment